Tuesday, February 18, 2014

More Valentine fun!

We are fortunate to live in an incredible neighborhood. From the day we moved in our neighbors have been very kind. Some have come out in hurricanes to help us stop flooding, snow plowed our driveway for free and some send a birthday gift for our girls every year. 

So, we wanted to show a little love right back atchya this Valentine's Day! Of course, I again went rummaging for what we already have on hand. Luckily, I had some left over almond bark and colorful sprinkles (toddler staple). All I needed was some cute pink and red M&M's. 
Ohhh huuubby!

This is what we ended up with:

Super easy! Super cheap! Super cute!
1. Line baking dish with aluminum foil.
2. Spray with cooking spray, or brush with oil
3. Melt almond bark in microwave and pour into pan.
4. Dump candies on top.
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours
6. Break into pieces and divide into packages. 


This is how we packaged them. I had left over large treat bags and tied on a pink bow. We include organic peanut butter cookies in our goody bags. I didn't actually choose to make organic cookies.
 I did mention we live in an awesome neighborhood right? A neighbor offered to come to our house with supplies to bake cookies the day before Valentine's Day (we were trapped inside on our 3,023rd snow day). Not only did she bake cookies with my kids, but she did the dishes and threw a dance party with the kids in my living room! I know! We made her some chocolate covered strawberries to go with her almond bark as an extra thank you (and because it would be weird to give her the peanut butter cookies she helped us bake. I wonder if that is like regifting?). 
We even left a treat bag hanging on the mail box for our mail carrier since he has delivered our mail during every single snow storm this year. 

Have a recipe for super simple Valentine's treats?


1 comment:

  1. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blog is really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete